Monday, August 30, 2004

It's been a WHOLE WEEK since I posted, I can't believe it. Maybe I'm running out of things to say about the cute things Lilli is doing. . .NOT! HA HA HA. We've just been busy I guess. We went to Bob's family's lake cabin this last weekend and Lilli got lots and lots of attention. There was no shortage of baby love. Lilli loves looking at the lake and watching all the dogs run around. We were thinking of taking her swimming this time but it was kind of cool so we decided not to after all.

She's continued to say "uh oh", and I have been vindicated by the vast majority, who agree that she is in fact saying "uh oh." It is too cute for words. It makes me wonder though how much language she understands and is just not capable of saying. "Uh oh" is easy because it's more intonation than actual vowel or consonant sounds. Duyen is the lone skeptic, but even she doesn't doubt that Lilli's saying "uh oh." She is just in doubt over whether she understands what it means. BUT, I have noticed she says it mostly when she's dropped something. So there, Duyen. :)

She's also making this funny "ne ne ne ne" sound. She's been doing it for awhile now and I'm still not exactly sure what it means. It's very fast: kind of like she's rolling her tongue to make the sound or chattering her teeth. I can't duplicate it. Sometimes she does it when she's upset and sometimes she's just wiggling away, happy and noisy, making little rolly "ne ne ne's."

We've also noticed that she is getting a bit of a temper. MAYBE this is due to her having a touch of red in her hair, although Bob's mom and grandma claim he was the sweetest more darlingest baby EVER. In any case, if she decides something is not to her liking, or she is mad I took something away, sometimes she'll let out this yell that rises and rises in volume and pitch until the finale which consists of a drawn out shriek. But then it's over and she seems to forget she was mad. Maybe it's a good thing if it gets her frustration out. Although this morning I took away a video game controller and she didn't shriek but she held onto that cord and pursed her mouth with the most determined and stubborn look imaginable. Hmmmm. I think she has a mind of her own already.

Anyway, I could go on and on but I won't overwhelm you (yet). Maybe I'll catch up some more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home