Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Words Keep a Comin'

Lilli has made a ton of language developments today. Gosh, it is so weird how babies progress so quickly. Literally they can be totally different from one day to the next. The first thing she did this morning was something I didn't want her to do. She was touching something I didn't want her to touch and usually the way I get her to stop is to say ah ah ah is a loud halting voice. Usually this gets her to stop in her tracks and sometimes she does it again but she always does while looking at me with this look that says she knows she's not supposed to be doing it. WELL. Today she stopped, looked at me, touched it again, and said ah ah ah back to me like that was what she was supposed to do and I was teaching her what to say when touching said object. Hmmm. So now I am going to have to figure out a new way to get her to stop doing things. She is getting sneaky :)

Then, I meant to blog this yesterday but she did it again today: when Bob asked her where his nose was, Lilli touched his nose! And very gently too with her delicate little index finger. No grabbing and pulling like she sometimes does with my nose in the mornings. So I asked her to touch my nose and lo and behold, she touched it!

THEN, we were reading her Happy Baby ABC's book, which she loves, and she kept saying "happy baby, happy baby." That's right. She said a WHOLE PHRASE. I knew she was a genius! Maybe she's also learned "happy" because we've been singing Happy Birthday to her in preparation for the big day. Oh, AND, she's been bringing me books all day to read to her. She'll drag a book over and then put it in my lap or hand and look at me expectantly. When in the world did she become such a little person!?! Did I mention she's a genius?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home