Monday, May 02, 2005

Mango!

We had a great time with my family over the weekend, but I have to say the best part of the weeknd was NOT being with them. My parents were kind enough to agree to babysit for a WHOLE EVENING, NIGHT AND MORNING while Bob and I went into Bellingham for a "night on the town." I say "night on the town" in quotes because our definition of such has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years. Before Lilli we lived for nine months in a very isolated, hard-drinking college town (read: nothing else to do but party) and while we were very good boys and girls compared to many of our friends, let's just say we were not inactive participants. Even before that I lived in Seattle, so a night on the town usually meant dinner and then going to a club and staying out until 3am. Well. Bob and I were pretty excited to walk around BELLINGHAM, peek into some antique stores, have dinner at a pizza place, *think* about going to see a movie but then deciding against it, get coffee,walk around the waterfront, and then watch tv and be asleep by midnight. Woohoo! We had a great time. Who cared that our "plaza suite" meant that we had a view of the parking lot?? We slept pretty hard until 7am when our poor bodies are used to being awakened by hungry baby. We couldn't turn the hungry baby alert off so we were up anyway, even though we tried really hard to sleep in. Oh well. Thank you mom and dad!!

We did have a great time with family though, as I said. Besides my parents, my grandma and aunt and uncle (http://aubreypub.typepad.com/r_blog/) were up there too. You might remember my Uncle Randy, who Lilli refused to let play with her new toy? Well, times have changed, people! Lilli was mesmerized by Randy and seemed to have a certain particular affection for him. In fact, she had a special name for him. . .Perhaps some of you SNL fans will remember the Mango character played by Chris Kattan? Well, Chris, look out, because there is a new Mango in town! I'm not quite sure how it happened (Randy=Manghee=Mango) but before you know it Randy was Mango and she was running all over the place chanting "Mango, Mango! Hi Mango! Bye Mango! That's Mango! Mango Mango!This is Mango's!" I mean, how could you not love being called "Mango"? Everyone loves Mangoes! Anyway, Lilli was very sweet on Mango and besides her Mango mantra even bestowed hugs and kisses upon him. I think it actually made my mom a little jealous. . .I heard her whispering "guava, guava" in Lilli's ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home