Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm forgetting something. . .

I've had a mental list for a long time of things that I want to blog about Lilli. The problem with mental lists is. . .um. . .they're easy to forget!

A lot of things have happened though. Lilli turned TWO on November 21st. At her doctor's appointment the next day she measured in at 36" and 32 lbs. More than her physical growth though, it's just amazing on a daily basis to see the development of her language ability and the explosion of her personality.

Probably the most fascinating thing to me is how she is starting to use her imagination. She has been playing with dolls for a couple of months now, but more and more she is pretending and making believe with them. She changes their diapers or talks to them like they understand what she is saying. Often times, when Lilli wants something, the dolly wants it too. Dolly often wants to eat lunch. And she calls her dolls names of other real babies she knows, which right now are her cousin Eloise and our friends' baby Josie. It was so cute to see her excited over the Christmas tree, demanding that Josie, "look at that!" or "isn't that pretty, Josie?" She also pretends with her other toys, but I can give her something as simple as a tupperware container and she will pretend that she is eating raisins or something out of it. "Delicious raisins Mommy! Mama want some raisins?"

We've tried explaining the concept to her that she is going to have a brother and a sister, and that they are in Mama's tummy, but she really doesn't get it yet. One day Bob tried telling her that she was going to get real babies, but then she wanted them RIGHT THEN. We'll see how she feels when they actually come :) Today she surprised me though with a funny little comment: I had tried to explain to yesterday that when she was a teeny little baby that she had lived in Mama's tummy too. She looked at me with a very perplexed expression, and I just assumed that it had gone right over her head. This morning though, while we were sitting on the bed, she exclaimed that Atticus (our dog) had been in Mama's tummy too! I guess that makes sense if she thinks of me as being Atticus' mama as well. I just hope she doesn't treat her little brother and sister the way she treats Addy ("bad dog!" and much tail pulling.) Although of course she loves him too. This morning she hugged him and smiled and told me "Lilli and Addy!"

Ok, I can see that if I keep on writing like this my entry will be about three thousand words (!), so I present you with an abbreviated version, in list format:

She can finally sing the ABC's, complete with final verse!
Talking to herself, constantly.
She loves to draw! Or have us draw for her: I have drawn about one thousand snails this month.
She's learning the rules of language. She knows how to pluralize, but often times she doesn't know the exceptions. Like she says "a scissor" and "two snowmans!"
She can repeat everything we say. Like "garbage disposal" or "pannettone."
Everything that happened in the past happened "yesterday."
She knows colors and shapes.
She knows when there is more than one of something, i.e. "two" but when there's more than that she still says "many" or "lots of." And she still counts 1,2, 5, 6. . . She hates that 3 and 4 for some reason.
Ok, I know I'm missing a bunch of things, but I guess I will just have to post again!

Also, the crazy thing about Lilli growing up so fast is that the twins are coming too! I'm 29 weeks pregnant now which means 9 weeks to go if everything works out perfectly. I crazy short about of time to prepare in but a crazy long time to be this much pregnant. I'm about the equivalent of 8 3/4 months pregnant. When I was pregnant with Lilli, strangers were always scared to say anything because it was possible I was just fat. Now though, there isn't much doubt as to my status. It's both kind of fun and annoying to be constantly having to talk about my pregnancy in public. Anyway, everything is going pretty smoothly. The "fetuses" (i hate that word for some reason!) are about three pounds each and besides making me incredibly uncomfortable seem to be pretty chill little babies. Someone commented that they wanted to see belly pics, but I'm sorry Internet, that is not going to go out for all the world to see. Suffice it to say that there are two three pound babies and lot of other stuff in there.

Well, until I remember what I forgot. . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commented on wanting belly pics... but not bare belly pics! Wrap your sexy shirt over your tum and viola! ~ Kirsten

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home