Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Pooping and Puking

I have been pooped on and puked on so many times in the last month. If someone had told me I would be exposed to so much puke and poop, I might have thought twice about this whole business. But it's weird how you sort of get used to it and it doesn't gross you out anymore. I remember when my Grandma used to come over to when we were little and had hamsters and a guinea pig, and she would just pick up their poop like it was nothing and I would be so grossed out. Now I get it. What's so gross about hamster poop? All they eat is hay and seeds and stuff. And all Lilli's eating is milk. After you've raised a few kids, a little poop is nothin'!! But I have had some incredible poop/puke experiences (hey, how many times do you think I can write poop and/or puke in one post?). Like when Lilli was only a couple weeks old she had this incredibly explosive poop. Unfortunately, at the time, I had her diaper off and her butt was pointed at the wall. That yellow, mustardy, seedy poop shot across the room onto the floor and across the chair and hit that wall that must have been about five feet away. And here comes, Atticus, ready to do cleanup on Aisle 5!! Why do dogs like poop? But that is a whole different post. And then the puke. The puke is enough to make someone a nervous wreck, because you never know when it's coming. It'll be smooth sailing for a good day or two and then out of nowhere it's like poltergeist. And usually it's all over me, down my bra, sometimes down my pants, and I have to change all my clothes and Lilli's too. And clean the couch. That's a fun thing to have to do at 3am when you're dead ass tired. Not that it's any fun for her either. Although maybe she was secretly laughing inside that time I'd put her to bed next to me, my face next to hers, and I was almost almost almost in a well deserved slumber when I was rudely awakened by hot milky puke all over my face. Mmmmm. Then you have to change all the sheets too! Fun! I did end up taking Lilli to the doctor because I was afraid she was sick or had acid reflux. Doctor said it could be acid reflux but if she was gaining weight well (which she has. . .almost three ounces a day!) then it wasn't a problem and we could wait to see if it got better. Maybe I am overfeeding in my neurotic fear of starving her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home