Sunday, August 01, 2004

Lilli has been terribly difficult to get to go to sleep these last couples of nights. She's just so revved up for some reason. If anything, she's too happy and excited to go to sleep. I'm not exactly sure what is making her happy and excited, and far be it from me to want to stop her from being happy and excited, but I also want her to go to sleep! She'll just bounce and bounce and laugh and wriggle until I finally get her to nurse for awhile, but she is usually still wriggling quite a bit. I'll finally think she is asleep and I'll try to sneak away, and then as soon as I get up I'll see those little eyes looking at me and those little bottom teeth grinning away, so pleased to see me. So I'll lay back down and she'll snuggle up and I'll think she's asleep and NOPE, she caught me again. Finally tonight I just hovered over her and she fought it, but her eyes finally closed and didn't open again. Phew.

Speaking of sleep though, she is so endearing when I get in bed. I've been meaning to observe this for awhile, because I saw some movie or tv show . . . you know that cliche where the wife is sleeping and the husband comes home late and tries to sneak into bed without waking up his wife and she turns towards him in her sleep and snuggles up? Well, Lilli does exactly that. I'll slip into bed and she'll immediately turn towards me onto her side and snuffle into my arm. It's very sweet.

Her new thing is clapping her hands. I don't think she does it yet to express happiness or excitement. She just likes the idea that she has two hands that she can make clap together. BUT, then she does get happy and excited because she likes that she has hands that can clap. Maybe that is why she is so hard to get to sleep at night. Too much exciting hand clapping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home