Tuesday, September 07, 2004

As an official crawler, Lilli has been much more accident prone today. And, naturally, she's also gotten into a lot more stuff that we have to take away from her, which she doesn't like one bit. So this has been quite a day of crying. I read somewhere that the trick is to put all the bad stuff out of sight so that everything she has access to is okay for her. After all, babies this young don't get the concept that there are some things they can't have, so by leaving stuff out they can see but can't have, you're just setting yourself up for a battle of wills. This all makes sense, but you don't realize how hard that is until you look around and realize just how much stuff she can't have and how much stuff you would have to totally put away. Bob and I have to spend a lot of time in the near future doing some childproofing. . .

This has been a week of milestones though. I didn't really realize that she was doing this, but I think that she has been waving for awhile. She's been doing this thing where she flings her hands around, and I thought it just meant that she was happy, but I've just noticed that she mostly does it when I first see her or she first sees anybody she's happy to see, and lately she's just been doing it with one hand. So I think she's been waving for awhile and we just didn't know it! She's also starting to get better at the more compact "fold the hand" type wave, but she tends to do it backwards so that the back of her hand faces her intended wavee. I guess that's the direction she sees it from when people wave at her.

AND, for the piece de resistance she said "doggie" today!!! Okay, so it sounded more like "da ghee" but we were in the kitchen and the dog was on the floor on the other side of the island and she was craning her head to try to get a better look at him and I said, "do you see the doggie?" and she looked right at me and clear as a bell said "da ghee." I was in shock. Of course no one will believe me except Bob. They just scoff at my doting ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home