Saturday, September 04, 2004

I have a feeling Lilli may skip the crawling altogether and just move straight on to walking. She's getting better and better at pulling herself to a stand, and lately she's been better about moving her feet and hands to get to a new position. She's not exactly cruising the furniture yet, but she's figuring it out. Yesterday though she had a sad moment when she was literally *jumping* in her crib because she was so pleased at her little standing self and all of a sudden she banged her chin on the crib rail and she just stopped, gave me the most surprised look and then burst into tears. I felt so sorry for her. But then I left for like two seconds to get something and when I got back she was standing again, happy as a clam. It's a good thing babies have short memories.

I was also very amused yesterday by something she did. She had a very bloated belly (that was not the amusing part). Her belly was so huge that she looked like a little Buddha, and the roll really hung over her pants. Anyway, she too was astounded by THE BELLY. She kept looking down at it with both her hands on it, kind of like Santa Claus when he laughs, and she kept scratching it with her index finger like she does when she is feeling a new object. I think I would be amazed too if I were just a little baby and had a tummy on me like that. By the way, why is it that babies are so cute when they are fat (but not so for adults)? It must be some sort of genetic instinct to like fat babies, just like the voices parents use when talking to babies. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home