Sunday, September 12, 2004

Ok, it's official, Lilli is a GENIUS!!! She's talking a lot lately in her own little language. The way she chatters along, we're sure that at least SHE understands what she's saying and that what she thinks she's saying is probably very smart. Anyway, last night we had some friends over, and she was chattering along and crawling on the floor, looking at the dog, when all of a sudden she said "Atticus." Ok, ok, I hear you now, how could she possibly have said "Atticus"? I understand your doubts. And even though FOUR people in the room heard it, even I am doubtful that she actually said it. Coincidence maybe? Maybe she hasn't quite graduated from "doggie" to "Atticus."

HOWEVER, I have not a shadow of a doubt that this morning she said "baby." We were reading the paper, and I had let her play with some of the circulars. There was one with a bunch of babies on it (a baby sale) and she was looking at it very closely, pointing at the babies. Well, since I am interested in all baby sales I took it from her to look at it myself, and then clear as a bell she said "baby." Then she said it, albeit less clearly, like three more times. Is she smart or what?? I know I'm getting quite insufferable lately. But what can I do in the face of such prodigious precociousness? I guess be more insufferable. . . sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home