Saturday, September 25, 2004

She's just standing up everywhere now. Her new favorite thing is to use the headboard of the bed to stand up and then she pulls back the blind a bit and looks out the window. I know I've said this like ten thousand times already in this blog, but, here I go. . . it's so cute!! I find it particularly fascinating that she knows now that there is something interesting behind that blind. She's been playing peekaboo for at least a couple of months now, but just in the last few weeks or so she's been figuring out that if I'm a little bit out of sight she can crane her head around to see me or come and find me. So maybe she's figuring out the whole concept that things exist even when she can't see them. What's that called? I can't remember the term from child psychology. . . Or maybe she's just figuring out that some things are behind other things!

Also, two new teeth poking through. Seems like she's getting teeth awfully fast.

What else? She's been doing a lot of new things lately and I keep thinking, oh I have to blog that, then I promptly forget. I think that's one of the side effects of sleep deprivation. (She's been waking up a lot lately. Maybe the teeth?)

I've also discovered that there are literally THOUSANDS of baby blogs out there. Don't get me wrong, I already knew that this was nothing original, and like I said in the beginning I wasn't trying to enlighten the world or anything. This is more just for me and Bob and to easily keep in touch with friends and family, and actually I started it because the sister of a friend of a friend (is that right??) had one and I thought it was a good idea. So I KNEW that there were others, but there are SO MANY. I am so UNORIGINAL. Not having one is almost more original than having one! And of course now that I realize there are others I want mine to be as good as the others which is giving rise to feelings of inadequacy. . .BAD! It's bad to compare. Better to just be satisfied. After all, this is just for ME, right? And the people who love us. (However, if you want to compare, go to http://taleofahumanbaby.blogspot.com. She has multimedia and albums and slideshows, etc. etc. However, as Bob knows, I tend to compare with lots of things. Like, I have house envy. Does anyone else have that problem? I always want other people's houses.) ANYWAY, as I have been rationalizing to myself in an attempt to quell the need to immediately fill every gap in this blog, probably having a less perfect blog actually allows me more time for the things that really matter. And this blog is a reflection of us, so it need not be like other people's blogs, which are reflections of them. Right? But then how do these people find time to do scrapbooks and take walks to Starbucks and have multimedia blogs?? ARgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home