Sunday, November 28, 2004

A Long Long Post for a Long Long Weekend

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. I know, you've all been on the edge of your seats! What's going on in Lilli land you're all dying to know! Well. We had a very long and a very exciting weekend. It was hard being away from my email and the internet, and then wouldn't you know the internet wasn't working when we got home. But now we have been reconnected and so you and I can all breathe a sigh of relief. *ahhh*

So, I posted a few pictures my grandma took, but I'm sure there will be more coming, what with the cameras that were present this weekend. My dad also took a lot of video, which I'm sure will be used in future humiliating DVD productions.

We spent Wednesday getting ready for the weekend, then Thursday we spent with Bob's family, then Thursday night we drove to Lummi Island to be with my family and then we came home Saturday afternoon. There was quite the crew at Lummi, because my cousin Shawn brought his wife Kirsten and three boys, ages 12, 3 and 18 months. Small children are kind of a new thing in our family, and I think all were a bit shell shocked. I mean, we had three small children in the house at the same time! Now that my other cousin has a baby too, future holidays should be very very exciting. Anywho, the two youngest boys, Kenneth and Cole (yes, they are aware that is the name of a designer), are very cute, but are very active. Kenneth has the most adorable voice: he sounds like a cross between an Ewok and that gerbil/hamster thing from the Quizno's commercials. It's kind of hard to understand, but he has a pretty large vocabularly. It's crazy to think that Lilli might be that communicative in six short months. Anywho, the boys were excited to see Lilli when we first arrived, but then I think the novelty wore off. I mean, she doesn't light up or play sounds or anything! Lilli mostly ignored them too however. I'm fine with her ignoring boys until she is at least eighteen or so. So we all enjoyed watching babies, and playing with babies, and feeding babies, and on and on. Probably some of us more than others. The one thing I got out of watching them all play was that I didn't realize how calm Lilli really is. The boys were very adorable but they were so active is probably the only way I can put it. In comparison, Lilli just kind of sits around and plays with her toys a lot. I mean, her favorite things are nursing, dancing to music and reading books. And, she's not too picky with her food. So I guess I have it pretty easy really. It does make you think twice about having another one however. If Lilli is relatively easy, who knows what the next little bundle of joy will bring? It might be more then we are bargaining for. You also realize what different personalities every baby has, and just realizing that Lilli has her own little personality made me love her that much more. Which I thought was impossible :)

Blah blah blah right? Well, there's more! Lilli has also started standing on her own! She's done it like three times since Thursday night. That night she just kind of let go of the couch and stayed in her transition semi standing pose for about five seconds before she went down for the crawling. I was AMAZED of course. But then she did it again! And again! She is very hesitant about it, and she usually has to not realize she is doing it. Like today she was standing in her crib with one hand on the rail and the other hand holding a shoe. When I waved at her she let go of the rail and waved back until she realized, oh my god! I'm not holding on to anything! and immediately grabbed onto that rail for dear life. I'm not sure what she's afraid of. It's not as if she doesn't plop down on the floor on purpose all the time.

AND, she said "cat" this weekend. And other people heard it! And she said it while pointing at an actual cat! I've had a lot of skepticism on other words and phrases that I think she is saying, but I'm sticking to my guns, because I've seen the progress that she makes. I'll be unsure about something she is saying, but usually it ends up that I was right and that she was just having a hard time with it at first. But on this one I had witnesses and they all agreed that it was crystal clear :)

Also, have I mentioned how funny it is how she moves other people's hands around to make them do what she wants? I think I might have mentioned it in passing, but it is really too cute for words. Usually she does it when she is reading books and wants us to touch something or move something or she drops an object and wants us to pick it up. Today though she wanted to nurse, and I wasn't obliging her quickly enough even though she made it clear through her own sounds and movements that she wanted my boobies, so she took BOB'S hand and moved it to my chest like, Dad! Get those boobies out for me! Maybe it's one of those things where the parents think it's so cute and other people are horrified. That baby is making that man touch that woman's boobs! That may be worse than me trying to get Lilli's boogers with my bare hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home