Monday, November 22, 2004

The Stats

We took Lilli to the pediatrician today for her one year rite of passage check up. As usual the diagnosis was: she's big. But healthy. To those who are interested (ie the grandparents) here are the details: 26lbs 2oz, 32" tall, and a 18 1/2" circumference head. All were in the 99th percentile except for her head, which was in the 90th percentile. Dr. Grossman says this means her body growth may slow down to come more in line with her head. If not, she may end up being an amazon. A small headed amazon. I guess I never realized that her head wasn't proportionate to her body. It looks ok to me. But, I have seen a lot of "big headed" babies out there. Maybe they are the norm and Lilli is the weird one. Maybe all the other babies are calling her a pinhead. Who knew. Anyway. If you want to compare her growth to the last checkup at nine months, three months ago she was 23lbs 14oz, 30 1/2" tall, and had a head circumference of 18", similarly in the 99th, 99th, and 90th percentiles. At least she is continuing to grow and so I am at least reassured that I am not starving her. But I already knew that from the size of her poops. AND, from how doggone heavy she is.

She did get one vaccination although we are waiting on the Measles, Mumps and Rubella shot for another year as it is supposedly less risky (if you believe in a vaccination/autism link) the older the baby is. She cried like a baby at the shot, but then again, that's what she is. Also, Dr. Grossman says I can start giving her whole milk if I want, and weaning her off the breast. It is so hard to change this good thing we've got going though. We shall see. I will write more about that later. Anyway, I guess that's all we have to report. You may breathe a sigh of relief. . . now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home