Friday, November 12, 2004

Schuyler made the CUTEST birthday invitations ever for Lilli's birthday party. I can't wait for people to get them. And since Schuyler didn't bother to put that he made them anywhere on the card, people will think I did it, and be amazed at my creativity and artistry! Anywho, once I get one over to Dad I will make him take a picture of it so I can post it. But I wouldn't want to do it before you got yours in the mail anyway, and spoil the surprise. . .:) Of course, many of you live far far away and so I probably didn't send you an invitation so you will not get to enjoy the cuteness until I post it. Sorry. :( But on the bright side, you get to avoid coming to Lilli's birthday party, and pretending that it is not totally self indulgent to throw a huge birthday party for a one year old who doesn't know what is going on anyway. And pretending it is fun watching two idiotically loving parents coo over their baby's every bite of birthday cake (or the healthy equivalent thereof). So, be grateful :)

Anyway, on to other observations. You probably know anyway that my self deprecation is totally false. I will shamelessly coo over her on her first birthday. And think you are happy to watch. So. Lilli has been practicing standing on her own today. She only does it in the crib, probably because, weenie that she is, she knows that when she plops on her bottom that is the one place where it won't sting a bit. She'll stand up at the rail, very deliberately let go and stand a second until she decides she's losing her balance and so purposefully plops on her bottom before she goes sideways.

She's also being a very bossy little girl this week. She definitely has definite ideas about what she wants to do and what she wants US to do. She has taken to pulling up my shirt and making very demanding and loud noises when she wants to nurse. She will also poke emphatically at my bosom. And when she wants me to hold some toy or object and play with it, she will actually physically move my hands to wear she wants them and them open them up and place the object in my palm. If I do not then understand what she wants and to the WRONG THING, God forbid, she objects forcefully. Some of you know I was a bossy little girl. Maybe it is in the genes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home