Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I went to see Bette Midler is concert last night and she was FANTASTIC. Let me tell you, as someone from my generation, someone whose mother constantly listened to songs like "the Wind Beneath My Wings" and "From a Distance" and made me learn the sheet music on the piano, I had kind of ambivalent feelings about going. I mean, I'd heard it was a good show, but Bette Midler? The wind? Wings? I wasn't sure. Boy was I wrong. She was HILARIOUS. And the show was non stop, one funny, entertaining act to the next. But then the slower moments really showcased her voice. And boy can she BLOW. I even enjoyed "Wind Beneath my Wings" and "From a Distance," songs I had relegated in my mind to the cheesiest of the cheese. But she really elevated them from the place for me. Hey, can you tell I enjoyed it? Plus, I always appreciate a woman who can curse really well. I didn't realize Old People could be so funny and with it and I was kind of surprised at how many Old People in the audience got her jokes! :) (Just kidding Mom and Dad!)

ANYWAY, probably most of you don't care about my new found infatuation with Bette Midler. What was Lilli doing while you were out gallivanting, you are probably wondering. Well, she napped at Pat and Al's for awhile until Bob picked her up and took her around and supposedly they had the time of their lives until bed time came. Then the darkness descended upon them, both literally and figuratively. That girl still has not figured out that she doesn't need me to go to sleep. I'm fine with that, because I believe that she'll grow out of it eventually, but in the meantime poor Bob's feelings get hurt when he tries to put her down and she just cries her little heart out. I have to admit though that there is no feeling like going home to your little baby and her smiling enough to light up the room when you walk in it. Ah, yes, being needed. What a double edged sword.

Therefore, we are all a little tired today as we got to bed late. I'm the only one currently not taking a nap, all for you dear readers, all three of you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who usually finds Bette Midler especially tiring, I doubly appreciate your efforts in staying awake to tell us of your experience. I was surprised to find myself wishing I had gone to the show! -S

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, you must have at least 4 readers...
-Duyen

ps, Bette Midler? Were you tricked into going?

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im going to see Bette Midler! You just made me even more excited to go!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home