Thursday, December 09, 2004

It seems almost silly to continually update you on Lilli's new words, because she is such a little mimic now. If we say a new word that interests her, she listens very carefully and then makes several attempts at saying the word. When she finally gets it, she is proud as punch and then says it OVER AND OVER again, until even we as proud parents wonder if maybe this talking baby thing is overrated.

Nonetheless, I share with you Lill's newest triumpth: HI. She is standing next to me as I type, saying HI HI HI HI HI HI HI. Thankfully, she doesn't always expect a response. Oh, and I think I forgot to mention that her new word for "I'm hungry" is num num. This little piece of communicative ability has actually made my job much easier.

One thing that HAS NOT made my job easier is this whole sleeping together thing. I love it and will probably miss it when the phase has passed, but right now I am having trouble thinking about the fact that I WILL miss it and am just looking forward to the phase being over. What has brought this on, you might ask? Chronic back pain. I think that sleeping on my side to nurse and not being able to move easily for fear of disturbing her has really put my neck and shoulders out of whack. It comes and goes but it SUCKS to have a limited time to sleep and then not be able to sleep well during that time. I went to the chiropractor today, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anywho, I'm off to ice my shoulder. . . (and change a diaper at the same time!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home