Thursday, January 20, 2005

We had another milestone today. It was the first time I'd seen Lilli do it, although Bob claims to have seen her do it before. Anyway, she stood up all by herself without needing to use something for support. She kind of stuck her butt in the air and then bent her knees and then lifted up her torso and squatted for a second, and then very carefully straightened her knees. It's funny to watch, but I'm guessing I better enjoy it while I can because I'm sure she'll get better at it soon and it won't be so funny. It's also pretty amusing to watch her walk. She has such a waddling duck walk. It is kind of amazing when I take a moment to think about it that she is actually walking. It seemed like she was never going to do it, and then just like with the crawling thing, one day she did, and now she's walking allover. She must secretly practice when we aren't looking, just so she can spring it on us.

The other funny thing today was at my grandma's. She was clearing off Mary's little table for her, which is one of her favorite pasttimes. In fact, she is probably one of the fastest table clearers in the West, and she enjoys her job thoroughly. She was handing everything on the table, one by one, to Mary. Then, she ran out of stuff! What to do? Why, just pretend of course! She kept picking up these imaginary objects and then handing them to Mary. One time Mary pretended to throw it away, and she actually followed the trajectory of the imaginary object. I didn't realize that kids were capable of having imaginations at this age, but this has given me some insight into her little brain. It must all be just a game to her. . .:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home