Wednesday, February 16, 2005

TV is a timesuck. . .but so is blogging

I haven't had much time to blog lately. . .too much tv to catch up on! I went to Lummi last week and it is amazing how much tv I came home to on the tivo thingy. I've been watching this show called Project Runway, kind of a America's Top Model for designers and therefore more intellectual (kind of, at least I tell myself that), and I've had a lot of catching up to do since the season is almost over. And Gilmore Girls! Lorelei and Luke broke up! So sucky! I was kind of depressed last night because of it. Hmmm. I just realized how pathetic that is. Anyway.

I haven't been neglecting my child, in case you were wondering. I've been watching tv durings naps and after bedtime, which isn't good because I have a sinus infection I think and probably should be sleeping instead of watching trash tv. Priorities, priorities. I am just HOPING and PRAYING that Lilli wouldn't catch it, but I think God has forsaken me on this one, because she got a bit sniffly today and I had to pry out THE BIGGEST BOOGER OF ALL TIME. Bob can testify.

In other news, Lilli and I are going to model in the fashion show for the yarn store I occasionally help out, as I used to work there: http://www.hilltopyarn.com.
I knit a sweater for Lilli to wear in the show and hopefully it won't be ginormous, because I have to leave it at the store for three months, and so I sized it with that in mind. Maybe they'll have pictures up on their website at some point and you can see Lilli in all her glory. Last time they had a show my picture ended up the Seattle Times online site. Woohoo! Big time! To be sure, if Lilli ends up in the paper, I will post the link.

Lastly, a small observation on parenthood. Having a child who mimics everything you do, why, you really realize all the things you do that you don't even realize! Like, I've mentioned how she's ewwws at every toot. But on a cuter note, whenever she gives a hug, she makes this humming noise, or when she kisses she goes mmmmmm. I thought this was so funny at first, until I realized that that's what I do with her. Of course she does it! She's cute because I'm cute! Ha! Just kidding! (Kind of :))

Oh, and I just read a couple of articles in last week's Newsweek about the Myth of the Perfect Mother. Interesting reading for mothers, I must say. I may have more to say on this subject later. Do you see a rant coming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home