Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ahhhhh, true refreshment! To hell with the finger sandwiches and punch!

I woke up this morning, completely refreshed. (dramatic pause. . . .) !!!!! Do you realize how amazing this is?? I haven't woken up without a bodily protest on the scale of the Sixties since, oh, a little over fifteen months ago. This was so revolutionary, in fact, that my body didn't quite know what to do with such refreshment. I think I would have bounded quite merrily through my day if I hadn't had to go to the gynecologist in the afternoon. There's a downer if there ever was one.

But ANYWAY, last night was the FOURTH night in a row that Lilli has slept through the night in her crib. Actually, she woke up a half hour later than usual this morning and waited until the sky was actually kind of rosy and pink. I was SO pleased with her. I kissed her all over and offered her the boobie without her even having to ask.

I *think* maybe that my body is finally catching up a bit on the sleep I've been lacking and/or I'm finally relaxed enough at night to actually sleep well and not worry every second that Lilli is going to wake up. I do find that I miss sleeping with her though. I know, am I being silly? I'm going on and on about how great it is to sleep alone (well, with Bob, but no baby). But she was just getting to that really cuddly stage where she would sometimes wake up and just cuddle up to me or lay on top of me and smile at me blissfully and then drift away. I kind of miss that. I guess that's what naps are for. I can't give up on the uninterrupted sleep now. No, no, I don't think I miss the cuddling that much. Plenty of time for that during the day! Well, anywho, at this rate we may be able to move the crib back into the nursery since she isn't needing us during the night. Then the stage will be set for cosleeping with the next baby. Hah!

Oh yeah, I may be away from my internet for the weekend. We will see how Lilli handles the sleeping thing away from home. Pray for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home