Monday, February 28, 2005

Miracle of miracles

I was hesitant to write about this yesterday, because I was certain that it was just a fluke, but it has now happened two nights in a row and now I cannot contain my jubilant glee: Lilli has SLEPT THROUGH IN THE NIGHT IN HER CRIB TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!! By this I mean that we have put her to bed, transferred her to the crib and she has stayed there without waking up until about 6:30, at which point I have nursed her for about half an hour in bed. It is GLORIOUS to sleep through the night ourselves, though admittedly we have both woken up constantly throughout the night, scared that any second she was going to wake up. But it didn't happen! Maybe if we get used to it we'll be able to sleep through the night too! Anyway, we are keeping our fingers crossed that this trend continues. . .

Actually, I am kind of amazed that this process has gone so quickly. I wasn't expecting it to be so relatively easy, and we didn't even have to resort to letting her cry it out. Yay! I just hope I'm not speaking too quickly. Perhaps two nights does not a trend make. . .Ok, no more jinxing, so I am going to shut up on this topic.

In other news, we went to a birthday party for a friend's baby who turned a year and there were other babies present. We thought Lilli would have fun and interact with the other kids. What we learned is that our child is a big ol' wimp. These other children were generally used to having other kids around and acted like it. Lilli, however, acted like she was being approached by aliens and anytime one of them touched her she would burst into tears. She totally wouldn't assert herself and acted all shy and demure and not at all like her usual spunky self. Babies were yanking toys from her left and right. She was kind of like the Gentle Giant. (She was HUGE compared to other little tykes.) This has shown us we need to expose her to some other babies! Well, SUPPOSEDLY, some cousins are thinking of moving back here sometime with their baby. So they say :) And my brother and his girlfriend are expecting so. . .patience. I just don't want her to end up being shy. I was shy and I hated it. I want to save her from that torturous social experience. I guess what will be will be, but maybe I better get scootin' on enrolling her in that gymnastics class I wanted her to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home