Thursday, June 02, 2005

Stunning!

Lilli is so animated these days. She makes the funniest scowls and expressions of surprise and frustration. I have to try not to laugh and make her feel bad when she trips and makes the FACE OF HORROR. I'll have to try and have my camera ready the next time. . .

And I can't BELIEVE how fast she is learning how to talk. She pretty much just repeats everything we say (like yesterday she learned "Oprah") and she's getting pretty good at stringing words together. For example, she loves to look at herself in the mirror when she's got all her clothes off and pat her belly and poke at her own bellybutton. Today before her bath she was standing there and then she said, "go show Daddy!" and marched off to show Bob her naked belly. I was stunned.

Speaking of stunned, but on a totally unrelated note, you will never guess who actually won a sports related award last night. . . .ME!!!! Bob and I are playing in a kickball league with some friends and Bob's coworkers. You read right. Kickball! It's totally for fun and is only semi-competitive. However, in our game last night we were going for the last playoff spot, and beating this team was key to our getting that spot. I was nervous, because I knew how much Bob wanted to win and how I would NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT if we lost. So I geared up and my heart was racing over at second base. Bob's been drilling me during the week, making me practice catches and throws. (The first few games I played I dropped the ball on numerous occasions.) Last night I got lucky, and even though I PRAYED for the ball not to come my way, it came many times, and I very satisfyingly caught it in the clutch and even made a few throws. Who would have thought? However, I was kind of sheepish about winning the award, because they tend to award it to girls who look pretty unlikely to be athletic. I heard someone say they thought I'd caught my weight in kickballs that night. Then, Bob makes me feel a whole lot better because he asked me in front of everyone, "Aren't you proud? This is the first time you've won an athletic award EVER." Thanks Bob.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! When a ball comes toward me I close my eyes. Schuyler and I have already accepted the fact that our baby will have no athletic ability.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home