Monday, December 12, 2005

I remembered. . .

I remembered one thing anyway that I had forgotten from the last post:

Bob is CONVINCED (drumroll please!) that Lilli is well on her way to becoming a reader. Not that I am not a proud mama myself, but I happen to be a little bit more skeptical.

What I will admit she can do is recognize certain words. Bob will write "lilli" or "mama" or "daddy" on her pad and she can usually identify the word correctly. Not reading per se, but a pretty good party trick for impressing those easily impressed grandparents.

Now if she could just memorize what every word looks like, well then, she would be able to read! And then maybe we wouldn't have to read "The Little Engine that Could" for the thousandth time! That would be a beautiful thing. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home