Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Last night was one of those nights. You know, one of those nights she WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP. She kept waking up, up and UP and everytime I went into her she looked so happy and pleased and she'd snuggle up to me and smile and close her eyes and when I thought she was asleep I'd sneak quietly away. WELL. As soon as I was three feet from the bedroom door I hear naaaaa. She must have a secret super baby power that can sense my absence just as soon as I get up, even through a deep sleep! Honestly though, she was so cute and cuddly I didn't mind too much, and finally, after the FOURTH TIME, I waited until she was breathing really deeply before I got up and SUCCESS! Of course, that meant I didn't get much done until it was bedtime for me and of course she got up at her usual bright and early time. Fun, fun, fun. Sometimes in the mornings now though she will play in bed with me while I lay there unable to move. . .

This sleep talk brings to mind something I've wanted to blog about but have forgotten. . . how dang cute she is after a nap. Don't you remember how when you were a child sleep was so REFRESHING? What happened? I used to wake up just rarin' to go. Well, Lilli is no exception. A nap will do wonders for her. She'll be a grumpy head, then have a nap, and like magic she is a new little baby. She won't even cry when she wakes up. She just makes these little noises and is so happy when you go in to her. The other day I heard this strange sound on the monitor and couldn't figure out what it was. Then I realized that she had woken up and she was clapping her hands together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home