Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Funny story

I have documented several cases of mommy brain on this site, but the following is definitely a case of daddy brain. Congratulations Bob, and welcome to the club!

This morning we were still very sleepy when Lilli woke us up just before 8 and Bob awoke in a stupor to go and change her diaper. (I feed, he changes diapers). He brought her back to bed and played with her there, which enabled us to simultaneously play with her and be in a supine position. She was enjoying looking out the window and pulling on mama's hair when she inexplicably started to get fussy. Bob squinted open his shuttered eyes and rubbed her back to reassure her when. . .he noticed that she was awfully damp. He thought she was sweaty (even though our bedroom was like sixty five degrees) and asked me to feel. Well, what I felt was her bare little tushy. That's right, while Bob had managed to take off the old diaper, he had neglected to put on a new one, and she had peed a great big pee in her pajama pants and all over our bed. I exclaimed, "Bob! You forgot to put on a diaper!" to which he replied in a very insulted tone, "No I didn't!" but the evidence was on my side. There was, indeed, no diaper. You realize that by Bob so dramatically insisting he did something when in fact he didn't, he just set himself up for losing every single disagreement we have for years. I can milk this people, for all it's worth. Mua ha ha ha ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home