Monday, October 25, 2004

Lilli is so cautious. I don't think she is going to be walking for awhile. We had an opportunity to compare her with the baby of some friends of ours who is three months younger. Well, this baby, Kloe, is pretty much at the same place Lilli is at when it comes to crawling and standing but she is so much more fearless! She'll stand up at a table but then she'll let go like it's no big deal and let happen whatever happens. Which is usually that she falls down. But then she gets up and tries again. Lilli on the other hand, when wanting to sit back down, will very very carefully do a squat until her butt touches the ground and then she will let go. She might sometimes to a little cruising, but she will only let go with one hand when the other hand has a firm grip on the next handhold. No, "look mom! no hands!" for my little girl. I guess this is a good thing in its own way. I don't have to deal with a walking child. And she very rarely hurts herself. And I guess she is thinking through how to not hurt herself so that's pretty smart of her. But darnit! Sometimes I wish she would just take a little risk! Live a little! Well, with the crawling thing she really thought it through until finally when she did it she was pretty decent at it so maybe one day she will surprise me with the walking and say "look mom! no hands!" Well if she actually said that, she'd REALLY surprise me.

Speaking of the crawling thing, she's really really good at it now. Which means there is no rest for the weary. She still does her funny little thing where she puts one foot on the ground for more traction, but she usually only resorts to it when she get impatient or wants an extra little boost of speed. I was reading another woman's blog and her baby does the same thing. So I guess it's not so weird. Oh, by the way, this is the same blog as the one with the clothes tips: http://chookooloonks.typepad.com/. I meant to post the link before so you could see the cute clothes but I forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home