Saturday, October 23, 2004

Lilli likes to read now! And when I say "read" I don't mean "eat books." I mean, she really likes to sit in my lap and have a book read to her! She really concentrates on the pictures and listens to the words! This is fun because up until this point she hasn't really been one to cuddle up unless she's nursing. Now she'll get all relaxed and snuggly when it's book time. Of course, she still likes to chew on the books too and of course she gets OUTRAGED when I don't let her.

Mostly when we read books she points to the people and says "baby." Most of the time she's right because we read a lot of books with babies in them. But sometimes there are other people and she thinks they are "babies" too. Like I have Ellen Degeneres' books and Lilli likes to look at the cover. She's a "baby." When Oprah comes on TV she's a baby too. So maybe baby=face? or person?

Anyway, we are also trying to plan what we are going to do for Lilli's first birthday party. We're thinking to invite our families and close friends, but it's not like we really have to provide for Lilli's entertainment. I mean, I heard someone say once that the first birthday is the last time you can buy a gift for the baby that you actually intend for yourself. They don't know the difference! But what is the norm for first birthday parties? What do people usually do? Just sit around and eat cake?

Well, I have to go. . .someone is being grumpy and probably needs a boob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home