Monday, November 08, 2004

On her own two feet!

Lilli stood today, all by herself, for five WHOLE seconds. I've been pretty confident that she's had the ability to stand on her own for awhile as she is very sturdy, but she's also so cautious that I had to kind of trick her into doing it. She crawled up to me as she often does when she wants to be picked up, and she climbed up my leg until she was standing. Then, she usually kind of puts her hands up (usually one hand touching my leg for balance) until I pick her up. Well, today, feeling sneaky, when she put her hands up I kind of stepped an inch back and stalled a bit and, lo and behold, she stood there with her arms upraised and feet apart just standing away. Then, all of a sudden, she realized I had tricked her and that she was standing WITHOUT SOMEONE THERE TO HOLD ON TO and she got all nervous and plopped on her bottom and was really pissed at me for tricking her. Hopefully she will forget how I tricked her and I will manage to do it again. Mua ha ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home