Thursday, December 23, 2004

Please, we're clean, really!

If I tell you this story, please do not think we are dirty people. Yeah, we've had rats! But we've tried to get rid of them! And we don't know how they get in! I clean! I do!

Ok, so we've had a lot of rain, and so our basement flooded, and there are A LOT of boxes down there, mostly from all the baby gear we own. I'm just saying as background info. Because I really don't know what's going on. I'm not really sure if damp boxes = biblical plagues. The thing is, now, on top of the rats, we have a plague of houseflies. Not in the house. Just in the basement. But it is disgusting to go down into the basement to do laundry or somesuch and to see literally dozens and dozens of HUMONGOUS houseflies on the walls. I have never seen so many houseflies that big, just chillin'. Since they are flies, you would expect them to be flying. But they seem to be in some sort of hibernation. They just sit there. This is my only source of consolation: maybe they are tired because there is no food down there (because we are clean people! um, expect for the rat poop) and so they are just sitting down there and will eventually die. In the meantime, however, I am trying not to visually think about how the flies got there in the first place. In other words, if there are flies, there must have been maggots, right?? And then what if they do die?? Oh no, more food for the spiders!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home