Friday, January 21, 2005

Today was Lilli's 14 month birthday. To celebrate, Lilli practiced walking around WHILST CARRYING THINGS. Just as I had suspected it would be, this is her favorite part of being able to walk. She had a terrible time dragging things along while crawling. It was kind of pathetic. It reminded me of a sad little three legged dog. So now, she seems really enamored with the fact that she can now transport herself AND the object to her desired destination or person (mommy) with relative ease. Sometimes she's so pleased that she just sits down and starts clapping hysterically. Later in the day, she was REALLY amused when she managed a sort of down dog position and laughed at me upside down through her legs. Whee!

She has had her moments of frustration however today. I was feeding her dinner and kind of thumbing through a magazine at the same time. I was going with the two pronged approach: she had a lot of finger foods and then when she was busy I would spoon feed her some stuff. I was eating too, and of course that held a great fascination for her as well. So, imagine a table with lots of stuff on it. All of a sudden, Lilli starts pointing to something on the table. It looks like she is pointing at Cher. Cher? I ask her, confused. Why would Lilli want Cher? No, no, you stupid woman, she tells me with a withering stare. She keeps pointing, insistent. My spaghetti? No. More tofu? No. An olive from my salad? No. More cereal? At this point I was getting frustrated. It seemed like I had gone through all the possibilities, but Lilli was still pointing at a particular spot on the table, which was seemingly Cher's gigantically coiffed head. Finally, in frustration, I moved my plate, and discovered a lone cheerio hiding under the rim. Ah ha! She ate that Cheerio with great gusto and relief that I had overcome my stupidity. Well, I guess at least she knows what she wants. And she definitely sticks with it. Later, she wanted me to give some food to the dog, and when I wouldn't she kept pointing and saying "da!" and when I still wouldn't she resorted to "woof woof." She must think I'm pretty dumb. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home