Thursday, May 05, 2005

Poop!

It seems like the internet is always coming through for me. Whatever I'm going through, well, there are people out there going through the VERY SAME THING. Poop is no exception. Just the other day I was reading this blog entry:
http://shenuts.com/index.php?p=1461#comments
I thought to myself, how awful! What I would do in that situation? And then I thought, oh well, that'll never happen. MORE FATEFUL WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN THOUGHT. God punished my pride in my baby's flowing bowel movements with the biggest, HARDEST, poop nugget imaginable.

We were at Lummi, and I was in the bathroom. Bob yelled from the next room for me to come right that second, and there was Lilli on the changing pad in front of him, little chubby legs in the air and the most enormous poop protruding from her butt. Clearly it was just the tip of the iceberg. We panicked. But then I said, hey! I just read where someone had the exact same problem and she used q-tips to dig the poop out! Bob looked skeptical, but I ran for the q-tips. Meanwhile, Lilli didn't seem to mind the poop in her butt at all. She was looking at us like, what's the big deal, people?

So, I slowly approached her bottom with the moistened q-tips, and Bob cringed and looked away as I tentatively poked at the poop. But this was a rock solid poop, and it was LARGE, and I couldn't bring myself to work that q-tip between the poop and her delicate skin. So Bob got the bright idea to put her on an actual toilet and encourage her to push it out. Well, THEN she got mad, at the indignity of being suspended over air, while naked, and no Pamper to cover her emerging poop. Imagine us holding a stuggling and wailing and naked baby over a toilet, encouraging her to just PUSH IT OUT!

So you know what we did? Absolutely nothing. She didn't seem bothered by the poop, so we just let it be, and lo and behold about ten minutes later we had successful poopage. I guess that Patience is a virtue, at least when it comes to poop.

Then I read this entry at Dooce today: http://www.dooce.com/archives/daily/05_04_2005.html

So you see, how else would I have known that other people's baby's have poops stuck in their butts, and that everything turns out ok? The internet, oh what a comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home