Monday, June 06, 2005

Ups and Downs

I've mentioned how Lilli can repeat most everything we say if we repeat it enough times (speaking of which, she just learned "enough!") but I don't think I'm described how she manages to pick up new words unbeknowst to me. She'll surprise me occasionally by declaring something like "mama's candle!" and I'm all befuddled because I can't figure out where in the world she learned "candle." I think she studies on things on long time so she can spring those on me. You should she how pleased she looks with herself.

Another random thought: I posted a while back about how much Lilli loves to look at herself naked in the mirror. At what point, I wonder, does that childlike delight in one's own body get usurped by embarrassment? Puberty? Seems like before. Hmmm. . . I hate to think of Lilli losing that ability to smile at herself and pat her own round belly, all the while declaring, "belly!" At the same time, I don't want one of those kids who runs naked all around the neighborhood. You are just inviting trouble then.

My mind's kind of all over the place because we had one of those nights last night that we haven't had in a long time. She's been sleeping really well this past week, not waking up until around 5:30 or 6, nursing, and then sleeping again until sometimes as late as 9am. Bob and I were both kind of restless last night though, and she ended up waking up around 4am. I didn't want to nurse her because I'm trying to get her in the habit of only nursing when it's light out and so Bob took her in the other room to try to get her to go to sleep. Well, she cried BLOODY MURDER like she has not cried since we first tried to get her to sleep in the crib. Finally Bob brought her back in and put me in charge (yay.) and I tried to get her to snuggle with me and go to sleep without the boob. I was not successful. After two hours. But that is actually not the point of my story. Even when I was SO FRUSTRATED I couldn't help but think it was funny how when Lilli snuggled with me, she just HAD to have her hand in my cleavage. If I tried to move it she would just cry some more so finally I gave up and let her lie there with her hand between my boobs. That girl is boob OBSESSED. She didn't go to sleep though. She just stared at me for those two hours, hand on boob, occasionally declaring "mama's boob!" Oh, the fun nights with a babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home