Friday, July 02, 2004

I left Lilli this evening with Bobby for like the second time EVER. I was only gone for about three hours, and from all accounts it was a success, which is good news for me in terms of future outings. But she was really happy to see me, which was very gratifying, I must say. She smiled and when I took her she giggled and did her little happy squirm. Then she got *MAD* when I didn't feed her right away. So maybe she just wanted the boobies. Oh well. Once I'd fed her she was happy again.

Lately, she's pretty funny at the breastfeeding. It's so funny to think we once had a problem with it. Nowadays, I'll have her in my lap as I get ready to nurse her (unbuttoning my blouse, or what have you) and as soon as she sees my breast she just grabs on. She won't even wait until I get her in a reclining position. Very impatient. I guess at least she recognizes it. But it's so funny to see her in any old position, very determinedly sucking at the breast. It kind of reminds me of a documentary I recently saw on some African tribe where the women go topless. They just carried their toddlers on their hips, and the babies just perennially had a titty in their mouths. They were rather long and saggy breasts (probably due to continually going topless and thus braless) which made it easier to get them to the babies' mouths, even when their mouths were up by the mother's shoulder. But it made me think that that must be the natural state of things. I know that if Lilli had it her way, she'd love to have a titty in her mouth 24/7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home