Monday, October 25, 2004

Lilli has the cutest hat. NO, I DID NOT get it on ebay. I got it at Old Navy. But everytime I put it on her she turns into the cutest little pom pom munchkin in the world and everyone says so. I hope my dad reads this so that he will send me the pictures he took of her the other day in said hat.

I've been reading another baby blog, and, dangerously for me, this woman made a detailed list of all the baby clothing retailers she likes to patronize. Why, oh baby blogger, why? I didn't know about these places before! I was living in perfect blissful ignorance! Now I have to go check them out! Because the clothes her baby wears are darn cute! AND, she makes a point of how expensive most of these places are. I haven't even told Bob yet. He's not going to be happy.

But, the cute Old Navy pom pom hat wasn't very expensive. So there is hope in finding cuteness in less expensive clothing. Like on eBay! See how this is a vicious cycle? I am full of rationalization.

In other news, Uncle Schuyler came to visit this weekend and he designed an invitation for Lilli's first birthday party and even offered to make them. So there, Schuyler, now it's in writing and I'm going to hold you to it. Now I have to figure out the whole "where" and "what" parts. No one has given me any ideas. I need HELP here people.

We went to lunch today and my mother made the very insightful and striking observation that Lilli hadn't seemed that excited to see me the other night after I'd been gone for a few hours. I KNEW she was secretly gleeful. You should have seen the twinkle in her eye today. But seriously, just in case she DOES read this, she is probably one of the best grandmothers a mother could ask for. As she so helpfully pointed out. :)

It seemed to me that I had much to report in the progress that Lilli is making, but there are so many things and it is so overwhelming that I don't even know where to start. I guess all I can say is that she just keeps getting cuter and cuter. She is asleep right now so I can say that :) Oh, Bob and I have a new strategy if she doesn't want to go to bed. So far, she only lets me put her to bed, and if Bob even tries she gets pretty irate. So if she seems really unwilling to go to bed, we let Bob try first and then when she's mad I sweep in and she is so grateful that I'M going to put her to bed that she forgets she didn't want to in the first place. And she goes right to sleep. I'm hoping a side effect of this strategy is that eventually Bob WILL be able to put her to bed. Hallelujuah.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a baby (thirteen months), there are a lot of things you can do for the first birthday. For instance, last month my mom took me to the Red Hook Brewery... NOT my first choice. NO. The place smelled like Mommy's kisses! My suggestion is that you simply ask your daughter what she would like to do and who she'd like to come. All I wanted was for my gradmother to put her face behind her hands and then lower her hands, thus revealing her face! It wouldn't have been too hard, and Lord knows it would have been less expensive than the D.U.I lawyer mommy has started calling "future daddy." I just wanted everybody to keep it simple, give me something to chew on, and let me see everybody who loves me.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other effect is that she will continue to hate going to sleep with Bob and will remain dependent on you forever.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home