Monday, November 08, 2004

Who's feeding who here?

Maybe because I spend SO MUCH time feeding Lilli, Lilli thinks that all we grown up humans do is feed each other. In any case, Lilli has taken to feeding me, and she takes the job very seriously. When I feed her her meals, I often give her some finger food to keep her occupied. Something like tofu or cheerios. Well, lately, when she's full of cheerios or whatever, she's been very insistently putting them in my mouth or placing them carefully in my hand for me to give to the dog. This evening she demanded that she put the cheerio in my mouth and when I told her I didn't want it and to put it in my hand, she looked around first to see if the dog was there. When she discovered he wasn't around, she refused to put it in my hand. It MUST be put in my mouth and I MUST eat it. If she doesn't see me chewing she is not satisfied. After she ran out of cheerios to stuff me with, she started picking up imaginary cheerios and putting those in my mouth. Much less filling, but I still had to pretend. I guess it's only fair if that she eats for me that I eat for her. The dog likes this arrangement anyway as he is often the beneficiary as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home