Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Will life ever return to normal?? Although as someone who has a pretty monotonous life I definitely enjoy a change in routine (ie Christmas Melee), I am definitely also a creature of habit. As is Lilli. We had her really screwed up there for awhile, with her not going to bed until late and then waking up late and then not wanting a nap, but I think we are finally back on track. Actually, for the last couple of nights, she has been wanting to go to bed really early, and we have been having to try to KEEP HER UP, which is INCREDIBLE. So she went to bed the last two nights at 7:30 and slept until 8 or 9 and I am in heaven.

Anyway, so I finally have some time to blog, and sorry that time to blog has been so nonexistent these last couple of days. We have been busy. In fact, so much has happened I can't even remember. I keep thinking, ooh, I need to blog THAT and THAT and then something else happens I need to blog and I promptly forget them all. My brain is mush. We have been to many different parties/events and now we are relaxing with my parents in the San Juans. It is quiet here, and nice, but there is only a dial up connection. How will we ever manage?

Actually, it is so nice to just sit and chill and watch Lilli play and talk and play games, although I am acutely aware that I am going to have a lot of catching up to do on the Tivo when we get home. At least I'll have a lot of Gilmore Girls saved up and if Lilli keeps going to bed at 7:30 I will be able to watch like four at once! What LUXURY.

ANYWHO, there is so much to write about but I will restrain myself and just stick to one MIRACULOUS event and that is that Bob is now a champion Put Lilli to Bed-er. He's even faster at it than me. What we've been doing is that I will nurse her first but not until she is asleep. Then Bob takes her to the bed and holds her really tight and she struggles and bit and fusses but then he whispers in her ear and sings and before you know it she's out. It is such a beautiful thing, I could probably shed a tear or two at it's beauty. The next step is getting her to accept Bob in the middle of the night. Sometimes she does, sometimes she still insists on the boob. I'm ok with that. One step at a time.

Well, I said one event, and I promised. I will write more when I have DSL again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home