Sunday, December 12, 2004

Words and Walking Update

Lilli is such a little mimic now, I'm really having to watch what I say because I know those little ears are listening. In just the last couple of days, in addition to hi, she's learned owie, shoe, on, off, and this morning she said glasses. You may not believe me on this last one. After all, it contains multiple non vowel only syllables. But Cindy (Bob's mom) will back me up on this one because she was starting to try to say it last week when they were playing with Cindy's pair of glasses. Then, this morning, she wanted me to get my glasses off the nightstand and I said "oh, you want my glasses?" and she said, clear as day, glasses! I kid you not. We have not had a repeat performance, but I think it took a lot of energy to say it that once. In any case, we now have the accessories covered, what with shoes, hats, and glasses. I guess that means it's time to go shopping!

(On a word related but otherwise totally irrelevant tangent, I got three bingo/scrabbles in Bob's and my scrabble game last night! I know a lady never gloats, but I just had to. Sorry. Three scrabbles!Admittedly, I got very very lucky. he he he he.)

ANYWAY, on the walking front however, Lilli hasn't been as adventurous as she has been on the verbal front. She continues to practice standing, and she'll even dance for awhile while standing, and she's cruising the furniture, but she refuses to even try to take a few steps without holding on to something. She doesn't even really like to practice walking while I'm holding onto her hands. She gives me this looks and drops to her knees, like mom, this is SO MUCH more efficient, plus this way I don't need you. Ah, early independence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home