Saturday, January 22, 2005

ping pong and peekaboos

Lilli's favorite object of the day was a ping pong ball. Now that she is walking and thus carrying things around (see yesterday's post), she was able to literally hold onto that ball all day long. Even while she nursed she held onto that ball. When we had lunch, the ball had to sit on her tray. Diaper changes? You got it. Ball was there. I wonder how babies form such attachments to inanimate objects? I wonder if she will be the kind of kid to carry around a tattered shred of nasty blanket wherever they go.

Another game she's been liking to play lately is peekaboo, only we play with my hair. She puts her hand in my hair, indicating she wants me to cover my face with it. Then she shakes her head really fast, indicating she wants me to similarly shake my head and show her my face. Oh my god. It is SO MUCH FUN. Just kidding. Obviously it is fun for her, and it is fun for me to watch her laugh. But I kind of get a headache from it.

Other than that, not much going on over here. Actually, I think we are in a rut. I've been feeling like my posts here have been rather boring lately, and that is probably reflective of my, well, feeling bored. It's not that I am bored with Lilli. On the contrary, she is more fun than ever and easier than ever to take care of. Maybe that is part of it. Things are too easy, and as much as I like to complain, challenge is rather invigorating, if exhaustion doesn't get to you first. And boredom kind of breeds boredom. In other words, dare I say it, I think inertia has set in a bit. We do the same thing every day, and even though I think having a routine is a good thing, sometimes I feel like we need a little more variety. Maybe scheduled variety is the key. I'm not quite sure how to go about that though. Knowing other SAHMs in the area would be nice. Then maybe, GASP, I could have a little social contact. I'm also scared that soon Lilli is going to get bored, and I am going to have to start getting creative. But I have no idea where to start. I was never good with kids before Lilli, and I'm still not very good with children other than Lilli. Sigh. I know this has been rambling and pathetic. It's not a challenge, it's too much of a challenge. Blah blah blah! What am I saying?? Hey, I guess I should just be glad that I'm not on Supernanny yet. Have you SEEN that show?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't think your posts are boring. But if YOU do, how about challenging yourself? Your last post was called Ping Pong and Peekaboos. Your alliteration skils are to be admired. How about picking one or two letters and then writing a post that describes your experiences with Lilli but only by using words that with those letters. It'll be frustrating and difficult, but it's bound to be funny. Beget baby blog banter by bestowing b's. Or a different letter. "L" might come in handy. -Q

3:23 PM  
Blogger mariko said...

Hmmm, interesting idea. Pondering partly. Preview of p's. Pretty pathetic. Hmmm, I think trying not to be boring is probably enough for me :) Thanks though, for not thinking I'm boring. I DO appreciate it. Although now there's pressure. Pressure to please. Ha!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home