Thursday, June 09, 2005

My Shopping Trip by Mariko

This morning we had a grand event: we all went SHOPPING. Normally I'd have to be dragging Bob out the door to go shopping with me, but he was all excited this morning because we were going to the new outlets near our house and they have Adidas, Nike, AND Puma Outlets. Not to mention J.Crew, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, etc., etc. Woohoo, we were pumped. Of course, the chief (and only legimate) reason for our going to the mall was we wanted to get some new shoes for Lilli, and we didn't want to pay retail. So off we went to Stride-Rite, where I had my eye on a pair of brown sandals. Originally? $35. We paid? $25. You would have think we'd made it to the moon or something for saving a frickin' $10. And you know what the sales girl said? "Well, she'll be able to wear them for a little while anyway." Yup. Truer words than you'll ever know. We paid $25 for a pair of high quality shoes Lilli will get to wear for about 3 months, if we're lucky. My only consolation is that they are unisex, so someday. . .

Anyway, after shelling out for Lilli's three month long shoes, we decided it was totally unfair that Lilli got all the goods. Actually, up to that point, she was the only one to get anything, as I had made a few stops at the Carter's, Children's Place, and Osh Kosh outlets too. (Don't worry, Bob was checking out sporting goods stores). I got a bunch of basics for Lilli at Carter's ($5 each and one for $3) but my biggest coup of the day was the 99 cent rack at The Children's Place. Oh my god. 99 cents! 99 cents! My little heart was beating so fast. I got Lilli two pairs of shorts off that rack and paid the cashier my $2 and change and got out of there.

Wow, I got totally side-tracked there, getting all excited about my baby clothing finds. I was GOING to say that Bob and I felt it was unfair that Lilli had got all the stuff so far, so we went to the Puma Outlet next, as we'd both had our eyes on Pumas. I've been watching them very closely in a couple of catalogs, and the prices have hovered over a hundred bucks for the pair I want. There's no way I could justify $100 to myself for a pair of shoes, even if I won't grow out of them in three months. However, let's just say that Bob and I both found what we wanted, for prices that we COULD justify, and we are pleased. Then we headed over to J.Crew (no baby clothes there!) and pleasured ourselves some more. Shopping is fun.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home