Monday, July 19, 2004

We had a very exciting day today. Oh yes. We went to Costco. I always end up spending way way more than I intend whenever I go there. Basically, I went there to get diapers and batteries (48 AA's for 10.99!!). So how did I end up buying a huge pack of gouda cheese and a queen sheet set? We don't even use flat sheets! That is the mystery and curse of Costco. Of course, I also couldn't resist buying Lilli some more clothes and toys. Just what she needed. Anyway, Lilli enjoyed it up to a point. She's funny, she'll only take so long of being in a stroller or shopping cart. Then she gets fussy and I have to put her in the sling which she enjoys. Maybe it's the walking motion. Anyway, I thought she was sucking my hand but it turns out she'd fallen asleep and her head was all wonky and there was drool all down my arm. Which poses the question: how come when I want her to go to sleep in a nice comfy bed sometimes she won't when she'll just go to sleep in any old position otherwise?
 
I've also been continuing trying to get her to crawl. She's getting pretty good at going from a crawling position back to sitting, but going from sitting to all fours is still very awkward for her. Usually she lunges forward and ends up on her belly, but she looks as though she's not quite sure what just happened. She's so cute now though when I'm sitting on the couch and she's on the floor and she lunges for my leg and then tries to crawl up me to get up on the couch with me. Yesterday she was REALLY cute. We were all sitting on the bed and Lilli was half standing, half sitting against Bob's legs. She was really happy and bouncy and I put my arms out and said "come to Mama" and she just lunged towards me with all the trust in the world and the biggest smile on her face.  It was so cute that Bob said, "hey, let her come to me now!" and so I set her up in a similar position and Bob put his arms out. Well, she wouldn't lunge and Bob was crestfallen. Maybe it was a one time deal. So he took her again and I put my arms out and, well, she lunged. Very sad Bob. I tried to explain to him that it's just part of babies, that they like their mamas more at first. After all, I have the boobies, and she spends the majority of her time with me. He was hard to convince though.  I also tried to tell him that babies tend to like better the parent who changes their diaper more often. I don't think he bought that though. Ha ha.
 
Oh, in other big big news, we got Replay TV. (Thanks mom and dad). It's basically the same thing as Tivo. Anyway, now this means that we don't have to miss any important TV (such as the Real World) because we have to put the baby to bed or something like that. Whee! Let the new era begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home