Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wow, it's been a long time since I published anything! A whole week! A lot has happened :) I wanted to write this last night but then a car ran into the telephone pole across the street at like sixty miles an hour and knocked the whole pole into the yard across the street. So we didn't have power. So no DSL. Ah, what a tenuous connection we have to the internet. And what a great neighborhood we live in.

ANYWAY, Lilli is ever and ever closer to crawling, but not there yet. She scoots around very sneakily. It is a slow process and so I don't notice it until she's got somewhere I'd never think she'd get to. So far she has spilled a can of soda on herself, gotten into my knitting needles and waved one around, and many many times gotten ahold of wires and cords. Once she got a breast pad (clean) and obviously thought she wasn't supposed to have it and so took unusual glee and delight in waving a piece of cotton around. She seems to like anything she isn't supposed to have. Although yesterday she was very happy when she discovered her whole basket of toys and spilled them out everywhere :)

This morning she was really funny when I was giving her a bath. I was just finishing up and I had drained the bath (in the sink) and I had the water running so I could rinse her. I had turned to the side a second to lay her towel out and in that split second she got ahold of the sprayer and had squeezed it. . . right into her face! She looked so surprised! And then she did it again! So funny! But then she's been REALLY grumpy lately every time I try to change her clothes or her diaper. This morning after her bath I tried to put her clothes on her and she just BAWLED. She acted like she was in such pain and just threw herself onto the bed and cried and cried. I have no idea what was going through her head.

Then yesterday we went to Alfy's with Bob's family for Theresa and Pat's birthdays and Lilli was putting on a show. She loves trying to drink water from a cup and she was getting it all over herself, but each time she wanted more she'd do this little fake cough: ah ah. I wonder if she thinks thats the proper way to ask for water? I need to start to try talking to her more during the day. After awhile you kind of forget to do it.

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll remember other things from the past week. We went to Lummi for the weekend and my mom and dad took a ton of pictures as usual so hopefully I will have some of those to publish soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home