Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I haven't had much motivation lately to post. I'm not sure why. It's certainly not that there has been a lack of cute Lilli doings to post. There have been plenty of those. Maybe it's that there are too many choices. A veritable smorgasbord of cuteness. So many types and arrays of cuteness in so many flavors that one cannot choose only one! And therefore none are chosen. Though actually, this analogy totally doesn't work because have you ever gone to a smorgasbord and not eaten? Actually what happens is that you do eat some of everything and become totally and disgustingly stuffed and then you even have some soft serve ice cream to top it off. So this is in reality the opposite of a smorgasbord. Except there ARE an array of choices. I guess. Never mind.

ANYWAY. Why don't I just tell you how cute Lilli is? I would have PICTURES, except I still haven't installed my camera software yet. I'm waiting to clean off my computer, which I'm almost done with. I really can't wait to show you the pictures I took when Bob, Lilli and I WALKED to the park. That's right. We ALL walked to the park. Lilli held our hands and was a little trooper. She even went down the slide, though she is so cautious that she hated the sensation of being out of control and so put her feet and hands out halfway down the slide to stop herself. And so was stuck. Bob had to go down and get her, and since it was the tubey kind of slide, that was not an easy feat. She is definitely in the toddler category now, as she prefers the walking to the crawling. She still crawls occasionally, but I seriously have probably only seen her crawl three or four times in the last couple of days. Walking is THE new thing to do in our household. Being able to stand all by herself has definitely helped the process, and even if she's only a couple of feet away from me, she'll stand up and walk to get to me rather than crawl. She is so totally enamored with walking, and pretty much entertains herself all day just walking around. Yesterday she glommed onto a pillowcase, and then a blankie, and just enjoyed walking around with those. Making the rounds. You know. Toddler stuff.

The only problem with all this walking excitement, is that I think it's messing up her sleep. I've read that developmental milestones can do that, but it's unfortunate that it is coming at this time when we are trying to get her nightwaking down to a minimum. Because it is DEFINITELY NOT at a minimum right now. I guess she's just thinking and dreaming about walking a lot, and wants to be up doing her little toddler job. We're doing the "mommy is sleeping and isn't here and thus neither are her boobies" thing, and sometimes it works but there usually comes at least once a night where she just won't stand for it anymore. And it's not like Bob is well rested in the morning, and neither am I really since he usually brings her to me pretty awake from all the fussing and I have a hard time getting her to go back to sleep, even with the power of the boobie. So that is probably halfway towards solving the mystery of my lack of motivation in posting. Sleep? Blog? Sleep? Blog? I guess I've been choosing sleep.

Well, I have a lot more amusing and sickeningly cute anecdotes up my sleeve, but I will have to save them for another day. I must choose sleep now, as who knows when my boobies will next be called upon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home