Sunday, January 09, 2005

Let it Snow!

It's been a nice day today. One of those snowy cozy days where you just chill and hang out and enjoy being inside. We woke up to a blanket of snow, and then Bob got off work early and it felt kind of like a snow day. A little, stolen, magical day. We did go off for a walk with Lilli in the stroller to see what she thought of the snow. We expected delight. What we did get were some banshee type sounds for a few minutes in the middle, but other than that she didn't make a peep, and her expression remained fairly, well, expressionless, until we got back in the house and I took her bunting off. Maybe she was stunned by the whole thing. Anyway, I got a chance to wear my snow boots from Maine. And, I would upload some of the pictures I took with my digital camera but I haven't set the software up yet. I know. I am a total procrastinator.

Then we all had a nap and mommy had a *little* wee bit of a hard time getting up, so daddy and Lilli played for awhile, until I heard a little voice near my head say "lookee, mama!" I swear that's what she said. So I opened my eyes and she had brought me a little ball. She was very excited to see my open eyes and just kept bouncing and laughing there at the side of the bed. And then. I kid you not. She said, "I love! I love!" and tried to give me a kiss, which she always accompanies with an "mmmm" sound. Oh my goodness. My heart just about melted and I hate saying that because I am not one for schmaltz but it's true. I yelled to Bob, "she told me she loves me! she loves me, she loves me!" So maybe I was in need of a little validation?!? :) So, there we were, all giddy with love for each other. I have the Busy Baby ABC's Sound Book to thank (thank you Costco, and mom and dad) because I think she learned it from the page where the baby says "I love you!" and makes a kissy noise. I would recommend the book to all parents in need of verbal validation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home