Thursday, February 03, 2005

thinking. . .

You know, I was thinking about that NYTimes article again (see a couple of posts down) and how they accused "mommy bloggers" of being self absorbed, etc. Um, hello, aren't people allowed to write about what's going on in their lives? That's what other bloggers do! Are mothers and/or fathers, supposed to ignore that HUGE facet of their lives, just because a certain part of the population finds no interest in it? I'm not talking about me here. This blog was supposed to be solely dedicated to Lilli, and it has kind of metamorphosized into my occasionally talking/ranting about other things too, including my own experiences. But there are a TON of "mommy bloggers" out there, who did not intend to start blogging just because they are mommies. Most of them wrote for themselves, about themselves, about things that interested them, often before they had children, but then children became a part of their lives that OBVIOUSLY they couldn't help but write about. It seems so stupid to put that spin on that article. Anyway.

Update: I just read mimismartypants take on the article. She says it much better than me. Apparently a lot of her blog has been published (how can we amatuers compete? :) ): http://smartypants.diaryland.com/020205.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home