Monday, April 25, 2005

Up and Up?

For all Lilli's verbiosity, she has not yet mastered the concept of opposites. I cannot TELL you how confusing this is for us. To wit: when she wants up, she says "up," but when she wants down she says "up" too. Imagine a child halfway in your lap yelling "up! up!" only for you to obey and for her to start yelling "up! up!" louder as though you are a moron. Duh! I didn't want up! I wanted down! (Only she doesn't say "down." You get the picture.)

Today we were turning the lights on and off and each time she managed did it she declared "off" in a very dramatic fashion.

And when touching ice cubes she exclaims, "hot!"

Silly baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading this blog. It usually brings at least one smile to my face. Thanks Mariko.

10:30 AM  
Blogger mariko said...

Hey! Only one! Just kidding. I really appreciate the sentiment! Thanks!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home