Monday, April 04, 2005

More of Miss Mimic

Lilli just repeats stuff right and left now. I'm actually rather impressed with the range of sounds she can make: sh's and f's and th's abound. So sometimes it doesn't take more than one utterance on my part for her to repeat a word pretty clearly. Although lately I've been trying to get her to say "breakfast" and it sounds a lot more like frikfath. Hey, I hear what I want to hear.

She's also continuing to figure out ways to get us to understand what she's trying to say. She loves to watch "Go Baby" on TV, which is a little 5 minute short on the Disney channel, which is usually the only thing we let her watch. It's a miracle for when I need to cut her nails. Anyway, now when she wants to watch it she'll point to the TV and say "go! go!" If I pretend not to understand she will get the remote, put it into my hand, and try to make me point it that the TV. Yesterday she was so frustrated by my resistance that she finally stamped her foot and said "I SAY GO!" "I say blank" is one of her new favorite phrases when she thinks we're dumbasses. So. . . I let her watch that time. I figured it's better to reward her communication than make her feel ineffective. Anything to rationalize letting her watch the ol' tv!

She's also been mimicking the way I say things, which is pretty darn funny. This morning I was calling to Bob from another room and Lilli got in on the action too. I'd call Booobbyy and the next thing you know she's calling Booobbbbyyyyyy too, with a little grin plastered on her face. Bob loves that development of course. She also LOVES to feed me at mealtimes. Clearly, I get to feed her things so why doesn't she get to feed me?! She won't put it in my hand either. It has to go in my mouth and she opens her mouth wide and makes ahhh noises, just like I do when I'm trying to get her to eat. Then she looks so darn proud when I gobble it up. At least in the last few days I've gotten her to eat vegetables again. We have been having a veritable Vegetable Renaissance. Hopefully this lasts. I feel like a better mother when I've managed to get her to eat some vegetables, even though I know I have nothing to do with it. Stubborn baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mimicing stage is really cute! Cole and Kenneth sometimes will still call Shawn by his name when i call for him from the bathroom while they are taking baths. And they have the same little smile on their face like....I just called daddy by his name. Almost like it's dad's silly name.And those veggies - Cole is great about eating them and loves broccoli. Kenneth however, is heading into 2 year-old-land and becoming picky. If he hasn't had any snacks for 3 hours (like i like him to be but when dad is home it's another story) then he will gobble all of his dinner. I think we have to start using 2, maybe 3, tofu's at dinner because that goes quick! Cole will steal pieces while they are on the counter waiting to be cooked! Have a great day! ~ Kirsten

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also - learning and pronouncing IS fun(funny) when truck is fuck. "No honey, T...TRuck" ~ Kirsten

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home