Sunday, October 10, 2004

Lilli has been in an unbelievably good mood lately. I took her shopping yesterday and we went to brunch this morning in Seattle and she was a perfect ANGEL. Simultaneously, she has been pooping very well. Hmmm, coincidence? Maybe not. But anyway, it is making life so pleasant! When I took her shopping yesterday she just laughed and giggled the whole time she was in the sling, and people couldn't help but smile and laugh at her and several people stopped me to exclaim how happy she was. I was like, "yeah, I'm not sure what's going on!" Then she'd laugh and smile and wave at the people and further charm their socks off. She was like a little beauty queen pageant. Don't get me wrong, she's usually pretty content, but she was in hysterical glee yesterday. Maybe she was thinking "hurray, I got my poop out! I must spread the happy message!" Then at brunch today there was nary a whine even and Bob and I both managed to eat AT THE SAME TIME. This is a miracle.

Doggie, on the other hand, is getting to be something of a handful. I'm not sure what triggered it, but all of a sudden he has these little jealousy issues with Lilli. Maybe it was last Thursday when we had James over for dinner and we were sitting down to eat when we noticed that Addy wasn't around. That was VERY STRANGE because he rarely misses an opportunity to have a good chance at some manna from heaven, and dinner at the table is a very good opportunity. So we raced around the house trying to find him, and he was nowhere to be found. How strange! we thought. He's not like a cat who hides and we'd searched the whole house and we hadn't let him out. Finally, Bob opened the front door and all he saw were swerving headlights as a mad dog rushed across the street. Well, I'd been ignoring him telling me he had to go out (because it was raining and we're seeding the backyard) and he must have slipped out without us noticing when Bob came in and then discovered the door shut on his snout as Daddy greeted his little girl. Well, since that episode, I don't know if he was traumatized or what, but he's trying not to be Lilli's friend anymore. He's even growled at her a couple of times when she's taken his toys and he barks at her when she gets close to him while he's eating. He avoids her whenever possible and gets up and leaves when she tries to make friends. He seems to be extraordinarily nervous that she is going to get some treat that he isn't going to get. The other day I was eating a cookie and then Lilli was hitting the cookie box and he seemed to think she was going to get one of HIS precious cookies. He just whined and whined, which he almost never does. You know, he is being exactly like a jealous older sibling. I'm not really worried about it, because he is kind of treating her now like he treats dogs that he views as subordinates, and he's never really gotten in a fight on his own initiative with another dog. He's a very gentle dog, even when he's dominant, which he usually isn't being the weenie that he is. I'm OK with his being a weenie. But I've got my eye on him, weenie or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home