Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Our long journey into snotville continues, and we are adding new citizens daily it seems. I have now been afflicted as well, and Lilli and I are a sorry looking mother-daughter pair. Hack hack here, drip drip there. . . . Very icky.

So. I was trying to think of something nice to blog about besides Lilli's neverending supply of cuteness, but well, all I came up with was more cuteness. Lilli has taken to making up words for things now. She's still chugging along at acquiring a massive vocabulary, and she wants to have a label for everything and everyone, but sometimes the word we tell her just doesn't satisfy her. For example, take chair. For some reason, she just doesn't care for that word. So instead, she calls all chairs dudes. She'll go around, doing her labeling (because that's her job): "mama's dude, daddy's dude, baby's dude!!" I'm just hoping that we're not out in public someday and strangers think we're weird when she starts talking about "daddy's dude." That would be uncomfortable. We'd probably try to explain all quickly, "no! no! it's not what you think! 'dude' means 'chair!' Really!" Of course, we don't always know what she means with her made up words, which is endlessly frustrating for all involved. We still haven't figured out what a wadi is.

And have I mentioned how much Lilli loves to match up people with their shoes. We have a shoe off policy in our house, and Lilli is constantly bringing people their shoes when they come to visit. I'd say she has about a 85% accuracy rate. Not bad. The best aspect of her shoe fetching ability though is that I'm able to ask her to get my shoes for me. She always brings me a matching pair. Someday maybe she'll be able to bring me the pair that goes best with my outfit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home