Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Blog obsessions

I am obsessed by other people's blogs. As I have mentioned before, I have a tendency to compare, and then despair that mine SUCKS. Bob reassures me that the people who read my blog (friends and family) don't care that other people's blogs are better. Ha ha ha. Actually, he didn't say that, but I suspect that's what he meant. What he really said is that friends and family want to read about Lilli, not other people and their children, which is probably true. Nonetheless, I feel kind of redundant in that a lot of people have written about the same things, and have done it much better than I ever could. Oh well, I will keep trekking along. But if you're curious, here are my currently two favorite blogs:

http://www.dooce.com

http://finslippy.typepad.com

Oh, and here's one that has nothing to do with babies, but we, strangely, have a lot in common. She is working on the same knitting project I just finished, she likes eggplant and candy, and her name is Mariko! Weird huh!

http://www.supereggplant.com

Enjoy the witty writing!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariko! What are you reading on the internet! I almost peed my pants reading the other Mariko's blog about her Hallowig. Did you see that thing? Who are these people? ~Duyen

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, the other Mariko knits ugly stuff. Did you see that coif? And the fuzzy/puffy hats? And the patterned shorts? She needs to get out of her little town. OK, I'll stop being judgemental now. See what you've made me do? I just wasted another 10 minutes on some strangers blog! ~Duyen

11:04 PM  
Blogger mariko said...

Duyen! I think the Hallowig is pure genius! I would knit it if I had the time AND if I actually was able to go out on Halloween. As it is, what is the point. I would just be left with an acrylic yarn wig to wear around the house. Lilli would think I was weird. ACTUALLY, I found that hallowig pattern a couple of weeks ago at www.redlipstick.net/blog where you saw the masks and THAT'S how I found that knitting case site (www.organizedknitter.com, if someone wants to know what to get me for Christmas) because the knitting case girl designed the Hallowig pattern. I would dare you to make the hallowig and wear it on Halloween but after a quick internet check, it looks like every knitter in the world is making it. . .

12:30 AM  
Blogger mariko said...

By the way, here is the Hallowig pattern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATThallowig.html

AND, in other Mariko's defense, I like what she knits! You better be nice to us Marikos!

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only have to defend her because she's knitting the same poncho as you, you share a name, and you probably share common ethnicity. She knit a coif! Helloooooooo! This is 2004, what are you going to do with a coif? Wear it over your hallowig? hehehe. I still think the hallowig is ugly and scary looking. I don't care if everyone else is doing it. Besides, why spend all the time knitting something to only wear one night of the year? By the way, Bob's right, we don't care that other peoples blogs are better. hehehehe. (Just kidding!)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, check out Mei Lien's blog http://journals.aol.com/craziechiq/BabyGirlQuach-Miller/ They're feeding her ice-cream! I know we try (really hard) not to be judgemental, but isn't she a little young for all that sugar?. I know, I know, this is coming from the girl who let Lilli lick a pretzel, I've learned my lesson!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home