Tuesday, January 11, 2005

You know how some mothers are always doing gross things like using their spit to clean their child's face, or picking their baby's boogers with their finger, or whatever? Well, I'm sorry to report that I am one of those mothers. It's weird how you give birth and suddenly you do things you would never ever have done before. And it seems totally natural. However, my grossness has attained new heights. Yesterday, I went to the post office. That in itself is kind of gross, what with the eclectic mix of unwashed people that tend to congregate there. Yesterday, I was one of those people, as I was also unwashed. And wearing sweats. Only I was worse. Lilli was eating a teething biscuit and she had wet, slimy crumbs all over her face. Worried that my fellow unwasheds would think the worse of me for having a crummy baby, I wiped the glop of crumbs off with my spit moistened finger. Then, for a split second I thought about wiping the finger on my sweatshirt (classy) but then I thought better of it and PUT THE FINGER IN THE MOUTH. When I brain computed what I had just done, I was horrified with myself. I had just eaten my child's partly digested, drooly food! In public!! What have I become?!?

What was worse was later, when Lilli dropped the rest of her biscuit and I was looking for somewhere to put it so she wouldn't get it (because at least I don't let my child eat dirty food, even though I might), the lady wearing a Pooh bear sweatshirt behind me hurriedly pointed out the trashcan. Maybe she thought I would eat it? Oh the shame, to be eyed with disgust by a woman wearing a Pooh sweatshirt.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariko....That is just gross. :) ~ Kirsten

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

m, this is the funniest thing you've ever posted! love d

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home